Welcome to my life on the ballroom D - list



























Friday, September 6, 2013

Between hobby & lifestyle


After USDC, some dancers were so disappointed with the results, that they (jokingly) considered switching hobbies. There were many unexpected placements, which discouraged a few girls, and made them consider the switch from dancing to knitting. LOL ! Be careful what you wish for! In a world of extremes, you can't find an activity more diametrically opposed to ballroom, or can you? Watching this video has taught me that people can follow any hobby so passionately that it becomes a lifestyle, but my how different the lifestyle can be ! 

Changes my perspective on the way  people might view a hobby?  Not sure, but it makes me wonder where the line is, when an activity goes from "hobby" to "lifestyle"... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment