Welcome to my life on the ballroom D - list



























Wednesday, January 23, 2013

On teachers who "steal" students..dealing with Sharks


 
 
As a dance teacher, your students become part of your life. Sometimes fellow teachers "steal" students. When this happens, they're not just taking your income away, they're also taking part of your life. What's the best reaction to this scenario? Is it to get angry and upset?..... I don't think so. There's no point in getting mad at the other teacher. Nobody can make a student leave a teacher... At the end of the day, it's the student's decision to stay or go. Those who truly like you will stay. Kinda reminds me Debbie and Liz . I have several friends who have sharked my students and we remain friends. The best thing to do is forgive and move on, and if the student is happy, you should be happy for them, too, despite how painful it can be.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Uklbn8RK8

No comments:

Post a Comment