Welcome to my life on the ballroom D - list



























Sunday, April 7, 2013

Lina Lamont, in words and film


I have decided not refer to Lina Lamont a villain. Because she really isn’t. She’s just a regular, misunderstood D list celebrity... my favorite kind of people...but she ain't people. It's hard to choose a favorite Lina quote.


"Lina, she can't sing, she can't act, she can't dance. A triple threat."


“I’m a shimmering, glowing star in the cinema fir-ma-ment.”

“People? I ain’t people,”

" I make more money than Calvin Coolidge...put together!!"

"I gave an exclusive interview to every paper in town."

"...and I can't 'stan' him.'

"rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrround tone.."

"whatta you think i am, dumb or somethin?...."




I've been searching tirelessly for the new Words in Film Ap, which has been promoted by Warner Bros and their website, www.bestofwb.com . The Ap has been featured on the Singin In the Rain official Facebook fan page. The Ap is a word generator with some hysterical Lina Lamont quotes.


The MGM logo and Leo the lion have been conveniently stripped from any promotional material associated with Singin in the Rain. It's very sad to see the movie associated with Warner Brothers advertising, but at least they are doing a hell of a job promoting it.



No comments:

Post a Comment