Welcome to my life on the ballroom D - list



























Thursday, March 20, 2014

Smithsonian Movie party w/ TCM's Robert Osbourne


On Wednesday, March 19th, we visited the Smithsonian's National Portait Gallery for a special screening of Flying Down To Rio, hosted by TCM's very own, Robert Osbourne.

Sophia D'Angelo, Anne-Marie Lund, and Susan Starnes joined me for this event, which began with a wine and cheese reception at NPG.

During the reception I had the pleasure of meeting memebers from the Richmond Art Deco Society.

Robert Osbourne did a meet and greet with all of us, followed by a trivia filled Q & A before the film began. Robert was joined by the  Smithsonain Curator of the Exhibit, Dancing The Dream.

During the Q&A, Robert Osbounre gave us the full story of his journey and career in film history, along with many insights to TCM programming.

This movie was the first on screen pairing of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.





1 comment:

  1. I was there too. Awesome night. This is what I did when I got home https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oSFMdJdITE

    ReplyDelete