Welcome to my life on the ballroom D - list



























Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Kim Greenburg visits the Biltmore

It is now an annual tradition for my family to visit the Providence Biltmore for Thanksgiving weekend each year. We love to explore the hotel which was built in 1922. My grandparents had their senior prom in this hotel, and they also had their wedding reception there.


The Hotel is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
This year, during our stay, were visited by a family friend, Kim Elizabeth Greenberg. Her Mother worked in the hotel in 1958, as a Golliwog Girl.
Kim dances in the RI State Ballet with my aunt Karen and my cousin Lindsay. She Recently auditioned for the show America's Got Talent, and wore the actual costume that her mother entertained with during the 1950's!
When Kim came to visit us at the Providence Biltmore, she wore the actual costume that her mother wore at the hotel. The costume is in amazing condition and fits her perfectly.

I have no idea what type of routine Kim did when she auditioned but I'm wishing her the best of luck and I have my fingers crossed that she will get on the show.



No comments:

Post a Comment