Welcome to my life on the ballroom D - list



























Sunday, May 8, 2016

The Dew Drop Inn: Vinyl Record Swing Dancing

On May 7, the Dew Drop Inn hosted a vinyl 1950s record party, with DJ baby Alcatraz. Swing dancers were in attendance at the scenic location, the bar is situated by the old railroad tracks, in what used to be in some type of stationhouse.

I don't know a lot about the Dew Drop Inn, but it appears to be retro in style, in an old building that was repurposed. It was definitely a dive bar, with lots of throwbacks. The #DewDropInn  has an authentic 1950s rock 'n' roll jukebox, which has been refitted for CD playing. The music at the record party was phenomenal, I never heard of baby Alcatraz before. 
This dive bar, filled with a lot of hipster millennial's, was the last place I would expect to find 1950s music and swing dancing! Even though I felt older among this crowd, I had a fantastic time.


No comments:

Post a Comment