Welcome to my life on the ballroom D - list



























Monday, September 23, 2019

West Newton Cinema

After participating in the New England Open Dancesport competition, I got to have a fun day in Boston, exploring Quincy Market during the daytime, and sorely missing Durgan Park, which I had hoped to visit during my stay. My grandparents had their honeymoon dinner at Durgan Park and I was saddened to hear that they closed in January.

As a great way to end my trip to the New England Open this year, I visited the West Newton Cinema to see the new Downton Abbey Movie. The Cinema was built in 1937. Although it was in a sad state of adapted use as a multiplex, the theater was still had some cool Art Deco details showing, along with a silent movie vending projector in the lobby.







No comments:

Post a Comment