Welcome to my life on the ballroom D - list



























Sunday, September 16, 2012

Capital Dancesport Championships

Our next big event was the Capital Dancesport Championships. I attended this event with Sophia D'Angelo, Anna Kabul, and my cousin, Lindsay Hayden. The event took place at the Alexandria Hilton Mark Center, and was hosted by John Depalma and Marianne Nicole.

It's always an odd feeling when you're attending a local event. We all end up staying the entire weekend in a hotel that is only 15 minutes from our home in DC. For my cousin Lindsay, this was her second year dancing at Capital. My partner and I have attended this event several times, and we both thought it had improved a great deal this year.

Only a week earlier, I had been in the hospital for injuries and in foot and leg, so it was a little challenging to prepare for this event. I had a lot of support from Sophia, Linsday, and Anna Kabul. I'm very grateful to everyone who helped me along. All the girls danced beautifully, and with placements in thier multi dance rounds. Sophia and I made anothe attempt at the "Best of the Best" in the 6 Dance Division. She made the final but missed the coveted Top placment by a small measure.

At the end of Capital we were all really tired. Chimi Choo joined us for this event, and after several days of dancing I got to take a nap with him. Always fun to have your pup at the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment